Coach · Ironman Training · Trainer

Day # 1 of Ironman Training

Today (this was supposed to post on Nov. 3) begins the next 8 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days of my Ironman training adventure. I received my first week of workouts from my coach. Since I can’t run for 2.5 weeks I am going to be swimming and running A LOT.

Since no one has signed up for the 5:45 a.m. slot computrainer class I didn’t go. I didn’t want to ride by myself again (especially that early). I slept in instead. I planned on riding the trainer at home after work.

Of course I woke up with a stuffy nose which I immediately panicked over. I hoped that it was just related to something other than being sick. My throat started to itch during the middle of the day and I just kept repeating, “no, you aren’t sick” over and over again. It is still scratchy as I type this post. I am hoping my workout knocks it out of me.

I came home after work and ate dinner, planning to ride at 7:00 p.m. Well, nothing ever goes as planned. The frame of my bike was getting rubbed by the trainer. In normal people’s terms, NOT GOOD. Mark called Jeremy and he said that my bike just needed a longer skewer for the trainer. Mark ran to the shop so I am waiting for him to get back so I can get my 60 minute ride in. I was hoping to be done earlier so that I could go to bed earlier because I need to wake up bright and early for my swim.

Before that fiasco I made Mark take a picture of me in my Migonis Multisport shirt. That’s the team I am part of and I am being coached by Matt Migonis. He is pretty damn legit. I got the chance to meet him in person this weekend and I immediately knew I made the right choice. Looking forward to my training with his coaching!


I have a swim and bike on the schedule for tomorrow. I am going to go to the pool early. I hope that it is not busy. I have 4,000 yards (yes, you read that correctly) to get done that includes a lot of drill work. I packed my bag for the morning and for work. I’ll just shower at the gym and then head to work.

I am still waiting for Mark to get home so hopefully that happens soon.

Mark got home a little before 9:00 p.m. I do not function well late at night but I knew I still had to get the workout in. I got The Biggest Loser ready to watch during my ride. Once my bike was good to go, I jumped on and got to work. 60 minutes with 90 – 100 cadence. I managed. I felt like I sucked. Probably because I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been on my bike since August. Oops! I blame that on marathon training.

Mark took a nice picture of my butt.


..and a real picture.


I showered right after my ride and got into bed. I had to wake up quite early for my swim on Tuesday!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s