cycling · Ironman Training · Lifting · Trainer

Ironman Training Day #5 & #6

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. on Friday morning. It actually didn’t feel that bad. I pressed snooze a few times but was ready to go on my bike at 5:59 a.m. I just had to ride for an hour which seemed like nothing after the 1:30 ride the previous night.

I honestly just couldn’t believe it was the 5th day in a row that I had ridden. Not once had I given up, even when I was sick. I was pretty proud of myself. I was off my bike around 7:00 a.m. and headed upstairs to shower. I couldn’t wait to eat! I need to learn to eat more before my workouts in the morning (which means I need to wake up earlier, HA).

My schedule at work was insane but I was so happy to be busy all day on Friday. It makes the day go by so much faster.

I changed at work and headed to the gym after work. I had 13 strength exercises to get done. Before I did them I figured they all would be easy. I always think that the only kind of lifting that does anything is heavy. Well, I was wrong! I was whooped after the exercises. I am glad I will be lifting again. It makes me feel great and just brings a whole other level to my fitness. I did squats with a VERY low weight, 20lbs to be exact but I was so happy I was squatting straight. After my knee injury from CrossFit I squatted to one side of my body!

I didn’t sweat that much but I rinsed off at the gym and then headed to my aunt and uncle’s for dinner with the family. I couldn’t WAIT to sleep in on Saturday.

I woke up right before 9 a.m. on Saturday. I couldn’t believe I slept so long! I guess I needed it. I finally got out of bed, made breakfast and then got ready for some errands. I brought Elyssa to the airport at 10:15 a.m. (she baked me 2 loaves of pumpkin bread that is amazing). Then I had a haircut at 11:15 a.m. My hair was getting so nasty from the pool. I also realized the last time I had it cut was in May. Oops.


I kept putting off my long ride for the day. I had a 2 hour ride on the schedule with 85 + cadence. That didn’t seem too bad I just wasn’t looking forward to it. I was also so sore from lifting! Who knew light weights could do you in?

I finally got on my bike. I started watching Dexter and that made them time go by pretty fast. I held a good cadence and my speed was around 16 mph the whole ride. I have to say I was happy with that. Looks like consistent riding really helps! My heart rate was also pretty steady which was good. It just went up a little bit the second half of the ride. I think my bottom has finally adjusted to riding again, which is good. It can be so painful getting back in the saddle (ha ha, but seriously). I did some stretching before jumping in the shower.


I headed to dinner with Lauren at Pascals for the evening and then went to bed. Crazy weekend.. Ironman training and dinner.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s