baking · CompuTrainer · cycling · granola bar · Ironman Training · Swim · Trainer

Ironman Training Day # 7 – 1 Week Complete!

I made it to Sunday! One week of Ironman training down, less than 40 weeks to go? That seems like such a long time but I know July will be here before I know it.

I actually woke up at 6 a.m. and really had to go to the bathroom. I drank a ton of water at dinner the night before so that forced me to get up. I went back to bed and didn’t get out of bed again until after 8 a.m. I really like to enjoy the mornings that I don’t have to be up early. There are going to be plenty of early mornings, I don’t want them to start just yet.

For today I had a 60 minute ride at 90 + cadence and a 2,700 yard swim. Finally, a swim that wasn’t going to totally kill me. A swim under 3,000 yards was welcomed this morning.

Steve had messaged me on Saturday asking when I was swimming. I told him I would let him know Sunday morning. I wanted to get it over with so I told him we could meet at 11:00 a.m. I wanted to get my ride in before the swim so I didn’t have to shower twice (yes, that was seriously my reasoning). I got my ride in. It wasn’t bad. I actually felt pretty good. I really wish I could take a picture that captures how sweaty I really get from riding! It’s insane. The hour flew by and I had to rush to get ready to go to the pool!

IMG_2415I met Steve at the pool at 11 a.m. I love when the pool is empty! I had a 200 warm up and then 2,500 yards straight. Nothing crazy, just easy and long for today. It went by pretty fast. I felt great. My average pace was a little more than I would have liked but it’s so early in the season, who cares? It was 1:44 per 100 yards, by the way.

IMG_2416After the swim I sat in the sauna for a little while. I just love heat! It felt great.


I showered at the gym and then headed to Wegmans. I needed to get a few things to make some granola bars! Steve makes the best homemade granola bars I have ever had so I was going to make them myself. I just needed to grab some oats, cranberries, and cereal.

Here are the bars before being cooked.


They came out pretty good! Mine were a little more crunchy than Steve’s but still delicious. I am glad we will have these to eat all week. The rest of the day I just lounged around. Mom and I went to the airport to drop Mark’s car off so we didn’t have to pick him up later. He gets in super late from Colorado. We hit the mall on the way home so I could return some boots at DSW. I loved them, I just didn’t have much they would go with.

I was supposed to go to the bike shop tomorrow morning for a computrainer class but Heather couldn’t make it. I am just fine with that. I can do my workout when I get home and I can sleep in. So happy!

As soon as I finish this post I am going to get a snack and get ready for bed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s