Bike · Ironman Training · Swim

Trying to catch up!

Unfortunately I let another week slip by without writing detailed posts about my workouts. I felt like I was playing catch up all last week. We arrived back in Syracuse late on Tuesday night and that threw me off all week. I asked my boss for Friday off because I just couldn’t focus and was just downright exhausted.

Starting off on a new week, let’s see if I can keep up on my posts.

I went to bed planning to get up to go to the pool this morning. My swim was scheduled for Tuesday but I needed to move some workouts around so that I could have my evening open tomorrow night for dinner with Mark and some friends.

I finally had a great sleep and could not drag myself out of bed. I just needed more sleep. I have been having some trouble sleeping so I wanted to savor the good sleep that I was getting. I remembered that the students did not have class this week so I told myself the pool at SU would be empty so I could swim on my lunch. Once I was actually awake I realized that the fact that the students were off this week meant that the pool would have limited hours. I called when I got to work and they were open 12 – 3 p.m. Phew! I knew I could go at lunch.

I headed to the pool a little before 12 and got changed very fast. I wanted to get in and out of there as quick as I could. I waited behind the gate until the lifeguard came and opened it. There were only 4 of us there. Before I got in I took a picture of the pool. I just love how the sunshine pours into the pool! Any sunshine that we get in Syracuse during our winter months needs to be savored!


Once I got my picture I jumped into a lane and got started on my 300 warm-up. Then I had 5x 100’s getting faster within each 100. Then came the big old part of the swim workout. 2x(100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 200, 175, 150, 125, 100). It went by pretty fast until the end of the second set. The pool kept filling up so I was waiting to get pushed out. I was there the longest so I knew I would get tossed first. Luckily, I made it to the end and knew I was in the clear. I was so happy to be on the cool-down of 200. I was exhausted! Between yesterday’s swim and today’s my shoulders are whooped. It felt great to use my lunch break for something useful!


After work I met Mark at Wegmans. We bought my mom a birthday card and a small carrot cake. They were out of her favorite cookies, the “meatballs” which are small half moon cookies.

Once we got home I ate a little bit and got ready to get my ride on for the evening. I had a 75 minute ride on the schedule for today. I did a 10 minute warm-up and then a 25 minute tempo, 5 min easy, 25 min tempo and a 10 minute cool down. It went pretty well! My legs were feeling it on the last 25 tempo. I watched Revenge so now I am fully caught up. Mark also hung out with me towards the end so that made it go by faster. I worked hard and earned my 10 minute cool down tonight!

I have a 60 minute easy ride in the morning. Right now we are watching TV and winding down for the evening. I hope to be back on track with posts, so bear with me!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s